måndag 19 september 2022

Mary Gauthier - Still On The Ride



Looking back now who the hell knows Where the soul of a dead soldier goes Guardian angels maybe they’re true My guardian angel maybe it’s you I shouldn’t be here you shouldn’t be gone But it’s not up to me who dies and who carries on I sit in my room and I close my eyes Me and my guardian angel we’re still on the ride Got holes in my eardrums, bruises and clots Double vision, my stomach’s in knots Got pain in my fingers I hurt from head to my toes I wake up feeling like I’m 90 years old I shouldn’t be here you shouldn’t be gone But it’s not up to me who dies and who carries on I sit in my room and I close my eyes Me and my guardian angel, we’re still on the ride You were my brother, you were more than a friend You were family to me right up to the end You’re still with me now I feel you, I know You’re pushing me forward and you’ll never let go I shouldn’t be here you shouldn’t be gone But it’s not up to me who dies and who carries on I sit in my room and I close my eyes Me and my guardian angel, we’re still on the ride

3 kommentarer:

Anders W sa...

Hits the nail on the head.
Tack Thomas, för mig en ny artist att upptäcka.

Inre exil sa...

Ja Anders, hon är väldigt bra. Tycker om hennes röst och de fina texterna.
Anne-Maries vän Hideo Matsumoto fick henne av mig i julklapp senast och han lyssnar nu till henne varje dag!

Stefan Lundin sa...

Lite av Dylan och lite av Cohen, tycker jag. Bra, m.a.o. Jag kom att tänka på en annan Mary med efternamnet Chapin Carpenter som du kan lyssna på vid tillfälle. I samma genre.