måndag 5 juni 2017

Bob Dylans Nobelföreläsning

Foto: Astrid Nydahl
Det är svensk nationaldag den 6 juni. Lyssna därför, eller läs, i lugn och ro den Nobelföreläsning alla väntat på, Bob Dylans. Här kan man både lyssna och läsa. 

Så här börjar den:
When I first received this Nobel Prize for Literature, I got to wondering exactly how my songs related to literature. I wanted to reflect on it and see where the connection was. I’m going to try to articulate that to you. And most likely it will go in a roundabout way, but I hope what I say will be worthwhile and purposeful.

If I was to go back to the dawning of it all, I guess I’d have to start with Buddy Holly. Buddy died when I was about eighteen and he was twenty-two. From the moment I first heard him, I felt akin. I felt related, like he was an older brother. I even thought I resembled him. Buddy played the music that I loved – the music I grew up on: country western, rock ‘n’ roll, and rhythm and blues. Three separate strands of music that he intertwined and infused into one genre.

One brand. And Buddy wrote songs – songs that had beautiful melodies and imaginative verses. And he sang great – sang in more than a few voices. He was the archetype. Everything I wasn’t and wanted to be. I saw him only but once, and that was a few days before he was gone. I had to travel a hundred miles to get to see him play, and I wasn’t disappointed.

1 kommentar:

elina sa...

Jag antar att litteraturpriset ges nästa gång till en twittrare eller varför inte någon på Facebook? Kanske skulle man föreslå din blogg för det är litteratur.