torsdag 17 oktober 2024

Artikel om min bok Skanderbegs ättlingar

 


Artikel om min bok Skanderbegs ättlingar, skriven av författaren Alisa Velaj från Vlora. 
 
 
Mr. Nydahl, you have just published for the Swedish reader the book "Descendants of Skanderbeg: A Chronicle for Albanians in Albania, Kosovo and Sweden" ("Skanderbegs ättlingar. En krönika om albaner i Albanien, Kosova och Sverige"). What are your connections with the Albanians and where is the specialness that this book brings to their recognition by the Swedish public?
 
I actually have two different connections. In my youth, I had Albanian friends from Kosovo, in my hometown in Malmo, in the south of Sweden. At the age of 20, I went to Albania, in 1977. In 1978, I was hired by a Swedish tourist agency to organize tours for Swedish tourists, and then for two weeks I led the delegation of an Albanian-Swedish friendly organization. 
 
I stayed then in Durrës, Gjirokastër, Sarandë and Tirana and it was the time of the riots of the summer of 1978 when Enver Hoxha's regime broke ties with its Chinese counterpart. 
 
It was a terrible period, but also a lesson for the future about the attitude of intolerant and totalitarian regimes.
 
Despite all the noise and problems, my friendship with Albanians began to grow when I was an activist in solidarity with Kosovo during the last years of Tito's regime and then during the Milosevic terror, when the repression against Albanians intensified.
 
Resten av intervjun följer länken ovan.
 


Inga kommentarer: